I’ll let you in on a secret that isn’t really a secret. As a student, generally, you have absolutely no money. This is one of the harsh realities I’ve come to learn over this year. Even harder is trying to find recipes that are good, healthy and affordable. I’ve become a Pinterest tragic, pouring of recipe after recipe. ‘Pinning’ recipes that look eatable, affordable and not to difficult.
I’m not a huge Chicken fan. I don’t mind it every now and again but would defiantly not choose to eat it every night, which is annoying because Chicken is cheap!
I remember Mum used to make a tomato chickpea soup. It’s really nice, really easy and REALLY cheap! I thought i’d share the recipe with you.
Tomato Chickpea Soup: Serves 4
What you’ll need:
- 2x can diced or crushed tomatoes
- 2x can Chickpeas
- 1x stalk rosemary
- 1 clove grushed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Olive oil
- Optional: Pasta or cous cous
- 1: In a blender empty both cans of tomatoes and one can of chickpeas. Blend on high for 30 seconds. Set aside
- 2: In a saucepan, cook the crushed garlic on low in oil.
- 3: Add the puréed tomatoes and chickpeas & stalk of rosemary. Bring to boil
- 4: Empty the second can of chickpeas into soup.
- 5: Serve soup with bread. Alternatively, cook pasta or cous cous and combine in soup.