This is the easiest vegan salad I have ever made. You can thank me later. x
- Olive Oil
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 handfuls pitted and halved kalamata olives
- 1 bag Israeli (Pearl) Couscous
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- salt + pepper to taste
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Spray rimmed baking sheet with olive oil or cooking spray. Place cauliflower florets on baking sheet; spray with additional cooking spray and sprinkle with salt to taste. Bake for 20 minutes, then stir in kalamata olives. Cook for 15-20 minutes more or until cauliflower is beginning to turn golden brown and olives have started to shrivel.
- While cauliflower is roasting, bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Stir in Israeli couscous; return to boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes, or until water is absorbed.
- Combine cauliflower and olives, couscous, and parsley in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil and lemon juice. Pour dressing over salad and stir to coat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.