We had people over for lunch on Sunday. This was a hit! Enjoy! xx
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs finely grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup plain greek-style yoghurt
- 1 3/4 cups caser sugar
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 2 tbs thyme leaves
Candied Lemon Slices
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 4 large lemons, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 160ºC. Place the oil, eggs, lemon rind, lemon juice, yoghurt and sugar in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Sift over the flour and stir until smooth.
- Pour into a well greased 24cm non-stick Bundt tin and bake for 50–55 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Allow the cake to stand in the tin for 5 minutes.
- To make the candied lemon place the sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat and stir to dissolve the sugar. Add the lemon and bring to the boil. Cook for 12–15 minutes or until the syrup has thickened and the lemons are translucent. Pour the syrup over the cake
- Carefully turn the cake out onto a cake stand and spoon over the icing while the cake is still hot. Sprinkle with thyme leaves and allow to set for 10 minutes before serving. Serves 10–12.